A jacket along with jeans or trousers has been one of the most stylish outfit ideas for men from time immemorial. But there are certain misconceptions regarding the function of jackets. Most people around the world consider jackets as winter wear. This is incorrect as there are various types of light jackets which you can wear in summer and other weather as well. Additionally, many people consider jackets casual wear, whereas jackets can be worn for all occasions, from casual to formal.
However, selecting a perfect jacket for any event can be stressful, especially if you have no idea about the types of jackets and how to wear different jackets for men. So if you don’t know where to start, here is a list of the top 5 popular jackets men love wearing.
Popular Jackets for Men
- Bomber Jackets
Bomber jackets, also known as flight jackets, were originally developed for pilots. Nowadays, they are a popular choice when searching for different styles of jackets for men. A bomber jacket offers a vintage look, you can wear it for parties or adventures.
- Zipper front
- Four pockets: Two on the top and two on the sides.
- Common materials used are nylon, cotton, and leather.
- Two types of collars: Shirt collar or flat round collar.
How to Wear?
You can wear a bomber jacket with practically anything. You can pair it with blue or black denim, chinos, or ripped jeans. You can wear a casual or printed t-shirt or a checked shirt.
- Denim Jacket
The denim jacket was first introduced in the late 1800s and has recently come back. They are the perfect choice for the autumn season. Denim jackets come in all shapes and sizes, from a tight fit to an ultra-loose fit.
- Made from strong material (raw denim or dry denim), which can stand rough conditions.
- The waist area comes with an elastic band for a tight fit.
- Mostly comes with metal buttons.
- Offers a rugged casual look.
How to Wear it?
On summer nights you can wear it with a simple v-shaped t-shirt. During winter, you can wear it with a turtleneck sweatshirt, jeans, and trousers.
- Leather Jacket
Often referred to as a “biker jacket,” you can wear a leather jacket for formal occasions and outdoor activities. These jackets come in different styles, there is a leather jacket for everyone. The first leather jacket was released back in 1900 catering to bikers.
- Made from 100% Lamb Leather.
- Perfect choice for beginners.
- Protects you from bad weather conditions.
- It is comfortable and durable.
How to wear it?
You can pair a leather jacket with dark-colored pants or with denim. You can complete the outfit with white sneakers for a casual look.
- Trucker Jacket
A trucker jacket is a basic button-front jacket with two chest pockets. It can be made from different materials. In the market, you may come across other popular colors like brown and black. It was originally designed to protect cowboys from harsh weather.
- Metal buttons are provided at the sleeve, chest pockets, and front.
- Mostly has a pointed collar.
- The chest pockets have pointed flaps.
- Mostly made from tough fabric like waxed canvas or leather.
How to Wear it?
You can wear a tracker jacket with bright blue jeans or grey pants. You can wear a white Polo shirt or something light inside. You can also try the all-black outfit with a black trucker jacket, black pair of trousers or jeans and complete the outfit with a pair of white sneakers.
- Puffer Jacket
You can easily recognise a puffer jacket. It is a regular winter jacket with “puffy” sections between the stitching. A puffer jacket is lightweight, keeps you warm, and protects you from a mild snow shower. These jackets are also water-repellent and have been specially designed for close to zero temperatures.
- Usually made from ripstop fabric and RDS-certified Goose Down material.
- Casual and semi-formal wear.
- The “puffs” between the stitches are made from insulating materials.
- They have a high neck and may come with a hood.
How to Wear it?
You can wear a puffer jacket with a black pair of pants or with heavyweight jeans. You can complete the look with a pair of big boots.
These are some of the popular types of jackets for men. If you have an old jacket that you’ve been sticking with, it is time to upgrade to a new one in line with the current trend. The jacket you select will depend on the occasion, your individual preference, comfort and taste. But do not forget to wear matching accessories, like hats, watches, piercings, etc.