A Smart TV has Internet access and allows for third-party apps. Most smart TVs, whether Samsung, Sony, or LG, enable third-party applications such as Netflix, Hotstar, and Voot. So, you must visit your TV’s App Store, look for your favorite streaming app, and install it. But what happens when you don’t have a smart TV and still want to take advantage of the Netflix experience? Today we will share with you some simple ways to watch Netflix on a non-smart TV.
Some simple methods for accessing Netflix on a non-smart TV include using Google Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku media, or your computer or mobile. Please read below as we explain each of these methods to you.
1. By using a smartphone
With the help of your smartphone, you can quickly access Netflix media, and all you have to do is mirror the smartphone to your TV. Connecting your smartphone to the TV allows you to access Netflix on the TV.
To create the connectivity, you will require a micro-USB to HDMI wire. This cable is readily available and inexpensive. Once you have a USB – HDMI cable, follow the instructions below to link your smartphone to the TV.
1. Insert the HDMI end inside the HDMI port in your television.
2. Connect the cable’s opposite end to your smartphone.
3. After connecting the two with the cable, go to your Television Settings and pick the HDMI segment that matches the one you selected.
4. Once completed, you can easily access Netflix from your phone via non-smart TV.
Using a smartphone, you can easily watch Netflix on non-smart tv.
2. Using a personal computer or laptop
While watching Netflix on your computer or laptop is convenient, some people may desire to watch the series and movies on a bigger screen with better resolution. Streaming Netflix on your Television screen will provide a better viewing experience than streaming from your desktop or laptop PC.
All you need is an HDMI cable to make the connection. HDMI is also readily accessible and will not cost you any money. To access Netflix from your TV screen, follow the procedures given below.
1. Connect the first part of the HDMI cable to your TV’s port.
2. Connect the other end to your laptop or computer’s HDMI connector.
3. Choose the HDMI channel that corresponds to your laptop or PC.
4. After finding the channel, go to Netflix’s website and stream your favourite shows.
3. Using Google Chromecast
Watch Netflix movies on non-smart TV using Netflix on Chromecast. You must first install and configure the Google Home application on your smartphone or tablet before you can connect Netflix to your Chromecast. For this, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
1. Connect the Chromecast.
2. Install the Google Home application.
3. Attach your smartphone with the same Wi-Fi connection your Chromecast device will use.
4. Launch Google Home and add Chromecast as a new device.
Install Netflix on Chromecast:
After configuring Chromecast, you can begin casting Netflix on your television.
1. Sign into the Netflix application on your device.
2. Tap the Cast symbol in the screen’s top or lower right corner.
3. From the list of accessible devices, select your Chromecast to start the Netflix application on your television.
4. Choose a movie or a TV show to watch and hit the Play button.
4. Using Apple TV
Watching Netflix on non-smart television will be much more fun with Apple TV. First, you must install the Netflix application from the Apple television App Store. You need to sign in to your Netflix subscription (if you do not already have one, you may establish one in the minimum amount of time). Following that, you can continue by following the procedures outlined below:
1. Plug in your Apple TV with the power outlet. Power is required for it to work correctly.
2. Link the Apple TV to your non-smart TV using an HDMI cable. Keep track of an HDMI port on your television.
3. Change the input on the TV towards the Apple TV. It will display the Apple TV software installation on your television.
4. Finally, you may run the Netflix application and begin viewing media at your leisure.
5. Using Roku
Watch Netflix programs on your non-smart TV with Netflix on Roku. To stream Netflix on a Roku, establish an account by visiting the Roku sign-up screen and proceed with the below steps.
1. Browse to Home and pick Netflix from the primary home screen.
2. There would be a page displaying “Are you a Netflix member?” Click Yes on that page.
3. The password page will be displayed on the Netflix account activation screen, and you must enter the correct password to proceed further.
4. Your Roku device is now linked to the Netflix account.
These were some ways to stream Netflix on non-android TV.
Netflix is the buzz of the town these days since it provides excellent online media material such as TV episodes, movies, and series, among other amazing things. Because of the built-in features of the smart TV, you may effortlessly use the Netflix streaming platform with it. If you don’t possess a Smart TV, you can use the above steps to watch Netflix on normal TV. Using these steps, you can easily enjoy your daily dose of entertainment on a non-smart TV.