Many times, we have felt that the audio quality of the PC could have been better. Most of us would agree that while listening to our favorite music on PC, we have felt the lack of power in the audio quality. Or, you may be attending a webinar and aren’t able to pay attention due to the poor speaker quality of the PC.
We have some solutions to fix this issue. You can get better audio quality by connecting your Android phone and PC. The following are some of the ways you can connect your phone to make it a speaker for listening to audio from the PC.
Using Apps That can Stream Audio Between Devices
There are several third-party apps that come to the rescue for streaming audio. Some of them are:
- This is a third-party audio mirroring app that helps you to stream music from one device to another.
- It is a free app and can be downloaded from the Google Playstore.
- Also, download the desktop version of SoundWire to your PC.
- One thing you should check before downloading is that both of the devices should be connected to the same Wi-fi network.
- After you are done with downloading the app on both the phone and PC, open the PC version and select this as the default multimedia device.
- Your Android phone will auto-locate the music source and start playing it as a speaker does.
- You can stream audio from any app installed on the PC, like Spotify or YouTube.
- The coiled wire symbol of SoundWire glows when a connection is established.
- You can adjust the audio volume through the app.
- In case you face difficulties in connecting automatically, you can manually do so by typing in the server address.
- This is yet another app for streaming audio effectively.
- Download the app on both the PC and the phone before you start playing the audio file.
- Check your Firewall settings, so the app is not blocked on your PC.
- Here too, you have to make sure that the Android phone and PC are connected to the same Wi-fi network.
- Since the audio is sent in real time, there is low latency while using the app.
- You can also make multiple devices as speakers to listen to music from different rooms in your house.
- You have the freedom as well as the premium version available. The special features are available only with the premium version.
- You can improve the audio quality of the music streamed by fixing the AudioTrack on Android settings.
- To have a better experience with the app, you can change the settings from the Menu.
- Airfoil Satellite is an audio receiver that can be used to turn any Android device into a speaker.
- Install the app on your Android phone and PC and listen to music played on the PC.
- You can adjust volumes and select options remotely through Airfoil control.
- You can also control the playback from apps like Spotify remotely.
- While Airfoil is for iPhone, Airfoil Satellite can be used by Android users.
Using USB or Bluetooth
- This is a simple and common way to stream music from your PC to an Android device.
- Using a USB cable, connect your phone and PC.
- Open the settings on the phone and tap on Network and Intenet.
- Click on Hotspot and tethering.
- Select USB tethering.
- Open the app for audio streaming installed on your PC and check if the connection is established.
- Thereafter, your audio starts to play through your Android device.
- If using Bluetooth, you should check that the Bluetooth is turned on in both the PC and Android phone.
- Connect the Bluetooth of your PC with that of your Android phone.
- Play music from your PC without any issues.
Connecting your PC and your phone seems to be a simple solution for getting better audio quality while streaming from the PC. There are many apps introduced from time to time but the above listed are very popular due to their efficiency.
You have many options to change the audio quality, sound level, etc. These let you enjoy the music better. Just follow the steps listed here and enjoy unlimited music.