Gmail is an inevitable part of our work lives. According to the news, by 2022, there will be around 1.8 billion active Gmail users. The growing popularity of Gmail also comes with the increased need for data privacy.
It is essential to secure email data by keeping a backup. Since crucial official data is shared via Gmail, this platform is highly vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
Why Should We Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments?
Gmail gives its users an option to save their Emails. This important archiving tool by Gmail lets you download important messages with attachments from your Gmail account to Google Drive. It also enables users to convert their Emails into several file formats like PDF, PST, CSV, HTML, etc.
If you have an official account on Gmail that is used exclusively for work purposes, it is always advised to take a backup of your sensitive data and delete the file if it is no longer required. Taking a backup of Gmail Emails ensures the prevention of confidential data. It is necessary to take a backup for all the important emails and attachments because if your account ever gets hacked, you may lose access to them.
Methods to Backup Emails on Gmail
As previously discussed, one can easily export and download important email data and attachments from Gmail. We will share a few simple methods you can use to take backups of your Gmail emails.
- Google Takeout
Google takeout helps you backup data from apps like Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, Google docs, etc., on the PC. There are three stages through which one can backup their emails from Gmail with attachments using Google Takeout:
- Open Google Takeout and click on Gmail.
- On Gmail, click on the Google account.
- It will direct you to a new tab, where you need to select the “Data and Personalization” option.
- There will be three options available within data and personalization: Download your data, Delete a service or account, and Make a plan for your account. You should select the “Download your Data” option.
- In the download your data option, you first need to deselect all the options and select the box corresponding to the mail icon.
- Select the option “All Mail Data Included” to open the mailbox.
- You can either manually select files or Click OK to export everything.
- Once you have completed the previous stage, you must “Choose file type, frequency, and destination.” Then select the “Delivery Method.”
- There will be five delivery options: Send a download link via email, Add to Google Drive, Add to Dropbox, Add to Box and Add to Onedrive. Google will send the archive link through these five options.
- After selecting the desired option, you must choose ZIP or TGZ for the archive file format in which you want to take a backup. After this, select the archive file size and click the “Create archive” button.
- In creating and downloading archive files, you will also find a “Manage exports” section and a download your files option. Click on “download your files”.
- The archive files will be downloaded into the system. After clicking on download, the system will redirect you to a new tab where your email ID’s password will be required. After entering the password, Click on next.
- Advik Gmail Backup Tool
Advik Gmail backup helps you backup Gmail data with attachments.
The following are the steps to use Advik Gmail Backup tool:
- Open Advik Gmail Backup and sign in. Select the mailbox folder and then click “Next”.
- Apply email filters as per your requirement.
- Choose the file format in which you want the backup file to be downloaded
- Press Backup button
- Save the Gmail Emails as PDFs to backup Gmail Emails.
This method helps you save selected emails and attachments as PDfs.
- Open Gmail Inbox
- Select the email you want to save, and open it.
- Click on the dropdown menu from the top right corner.
- In the menu, click on the download message.
- Backup Gmail Emails with attachments by Third Party Solution
One can easily use a third-party solution to back up Gmail emails with attachments.
Steps to backup Gmail emails with attachments via a Third Party Solution.
- Download the Gmail backup tool.
- Enter the Gmail id and the app password, and then click on sign in.
- Select the file or folder for which you want to take a backup and then click next.
- Select the saving format from the Saves/Backup/Migrate dropdown list.
- Select the feature according to the requirement.
- Click on the path to save button for allotting the designation path.
- Click on Convert Button or Download Report Button to start taking a backup of Gmail Emails.
- Forward the email back to yourself
The easiest and fastest way to back up emails on Gmail and attachments is by forwarding the email to yourself. To do this, open the email, go to the “menu”, select “more”, and click on “Forward all”. The email window will send all the emails and attachments back to you. By scrolling down the mail, you can find the attachment and click on it. The attachment will be then downloaded in the Zip Folder.
One can use the above techniques to secure emails and attachments on Gmail. The methods mentioned above might take time, but they will ensure the safety of your important data.